On 6/22/07, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 22 June 2007 11:07:35 Chas Owens wrote:

> Please, god, no. Or at least make two distributions: Bare Perl 6 and
> Perl 6. Many companies have a "Only Core Perl" policy. They refuse
> to install CPAN modules because "We don't trust them".

I think of this the same way I think of "Do not drink even if you mix with
beer" labels on bleach bottles.  Stupid people often remove their genes from
the pool.  We should not discourage stupid business practices from doing the
same.

-- c

I still need to earn a paycheck, and I would rather do it with Perl
than with Java.  Fighting my customers stupidity, instead of working
around it, is a good way to stop earning my paycheck. But, as Jerry
pointed out, it will be a lot easier to hide module usage in Perl 6.
Get a code review sign off from people who aren't idiots, compile it
all to bytecode, and hand off the binary file to the schmucks who are
the problem.