The fact that you'll be able to do that in Perl6 excites me.  One of the
things I use with the existing Perl5 unfortunately at times, is
commercial software which compiles Perl code into various Microsoft
formats: services, system tray icons, dll's and executables.

That proved to be extremely valuable to me when I was thrown the
responsibility of designing implementing and maintaining an Active
Directory environment.  I've been writing Perl for years, and truly did
not want to learn to code MS's way.  I liked Perl.

I think that it would be truly a valuable thing to have the ability to
distribute Perl as executable binaries, completely stand alone and
independance from the need of module installation on the client side.

Especially with the way things are going in the market place, if we can
truly get cross-platform compiles that would be in the words of a tru
comedian, "Dyno--mite".

Perl saves me from proprietaries *sic* on a daily basis.  Its easy for
me to pay for a commercial product to compile Perl5 into "executable
modules" i release for system changes via Group Policies etc.  I just
wish I didn't have to pay for that commercial product to help me love
Perl.

-I