On 2020-01-04 5:21 p.m., Patrick Spek via perl6-users wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 15:43:37 -0800
Darren Duncan <dar...@darrenduncan.net> wrote:

Isn't there typically automated test suites that can prove in a few
minutes that Rakudo works on a particular platform?  Would running
this typically be good enough to show that nothing broke in an
update? -- Darren Duncan

I wrote automated tests for GNU+Linux using GitLab CI, which are being
introduced in this release. However, I can't "test" making a Windows or
Mac installer, and then test if they also work. I have no idea how
installers for either of these platforms are made, and I also don't
think I can use GitLab CI for either of those platforms.

Last I recall, there was no Mac installer for Rakudo Star at all, nor was there any need for one. The compiled project is simply in a zip file which the end-uaer unzips and then the resulting folder is ready to use as is. Don't know about Windows. If anything, on the Mac, having an installer has always been a misfeature, and most applications don't have one. -- Darren Duncan