On 2020-01-06 1:18 a.m., Patrick Spek via perl6-users wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 18:27:01 -0800 Darren Duncan wrote:

The normal Rakudo Star releases so far are compiled, [...]

For Mac and Windows, perhaps, but the release is similar as it always
was for GNU+Linux. And I'm mostly aiming for that since that's what I
use (and also what I can test). Hence, I need people to verify they can
make binaries for Windows and Mac (and actually do it as well) before I
can continue.

If your version requires users to run a Makefile or make or cc or
whatever or have a working C compiler, then it is a source release
and not the same thing.

I never intended to make a "binary" release. I intended to make a
Rakudo Star release, and I personally don't care if that'd be a binary
or source. In the case of GNU+Linux, it's a source release.

As long as we know what to expect. So it sounds like you're just making a single source release of Rakudo Star that users of any operating system would compile themselves, and not separate Linux/Mac/Win versions as had been the case before. In that case, I can do basic build testing on MacOS for you. I would just try following the same instructions as Linux users more or less. -- Darren Duncan