From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of
Katharine Elise Corneli
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 12:11 PM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: [pestlist] FW: Zak's software

To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net To
unsubscribe please look at the footer of this email.
Hi there,

I've only recently joined the pestlist and so apologize if this is a
repeat of topics previously covered. We are looking for a good database
system for recording IPM information. We had been using Zak's ZPest
software for Windows and exporting the data into excel. This was a
pretty slow process however and we are now experimenting with an online
database by the same developer at collectionpests.com. This too seems to
have it's drawbacks and I am wondering if anyone uses it and what their
thoughts are. I would also like to know if anyone uses other programs or
databases that they could recommend. We have about 80 sticky traps
throughout our museum and check them every two months, recording each
insect that we find. Then we map any high risk incidents using
photoshop. The whole process takes 2-3 days and I would be grateful for
any time saving suggestions you might have.

Thank you,

Katy Corneli

Assistant Collections Manager
Utah Museum of Fine Arts