Hi

This is probably going to turn out to be me doing something stupid, but-

I have two computers, one of which I use as a remote server for my database.

When I connect to the remote database through my interface there are errors
that suggest a problem with the data in one of the tables.

Using PgAdmin to view the remote table there is indeed some information missing
(5 out of 16 geoms).

When I use the PGAdmin on the remote computer, using a local connection, this
information is not missing it is intact.

I don’t think it is a PgAdmin problem because when I do a ‘select the_geom’ as
a remote query the information is missing where it is not missing the PgAdmin
on the other computer as a local query.

Also connecting to the remote DB using Quantum GIS shows the “missing”
information as being present and normal.

I have also checked with a server display app and the appropriate number of
servers are present (only one present on the remote computer).

I’ve run out of ideas - Would anyone have any thoughts of what might be going
on???

Bob

PS – I have tried one other thing - dumping the database from the remote server
and restoring it to the local server and the information (the 5 geoms) goes
missing sometime during this transaction.