Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:38 PM
To: Bob Pawley
Cc: Postgresql
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Different views of remote server

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpaw...@shaw.ca> wrote:
Hi

This is probably going to turn out to be me doing something stupid, but-

I have two computers, one of which I use as a remote server for my database.

When I connect to the remote database through my interface there are errors
that suggest a problem with the data in one of the tables.

Using PgAdmin to view the remote table there is indeed some information
missing (5 out of 16 geoms).

When I use the PGAdmin on the remote computer, using a local connection,
this information is not missing it is intact.

I don’t think it is a PgAdmin problem because when I do a ‘select the_geom’
as a remote query the information is missing where it is not missing the
PgAdmin on the other computer as a local query.

Also connecting to the remote DB using Quantum GIS shows the “missing”
information as being present and normal.

I have also checked with a server display app and the appropriate number of
servers are present (only one present on the remote computer).

I’ve run out of ideas - Would anyone have any thoughts of what might be
going on???

You're likely connecting to a different database than you think you
are.  What do your connection credentials look like in each case?