On 06/18/2017 01:13 PM, Martin Mueller wrote:
I think I get it. 'base' is not the data directory but a child of var-9.5, which (with
its entire path) is the "data directory". I honestly don't recall how I
installed Posgres, but I'm pretty sure that I picked the default method from the Postgres.

Not something you have to do right this instant, but I would try to track down how you did the install. It will come in handy when you do an upgrade as the various installers differ in how they do an install. Picking the wrong one when you do the upgrade could make things difficult.

Many thanks for your help, which is exceptionally clear and detailed.

MM

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com