One or two of these videos may turn up on ebay - I am in the process of
converting all my VHS tapes to DVD, and am disposing of the VHS copies. I think
I also have one of the Dennis Valente tapes that I will be converting also; I
think it has to do with rebuilding Victor Exhibition reproducers, if I remember
right.
  I also have a tape that I made of Dave Heitz' collection. I had the wonderful
opportunity of a private showing of his collectin on my thirtieth birthday. The
tape is rather 'homemeade' but the machines are magnificent. Now that the
collection has been cast to the four winds, I might see if I can make a quality
DVD of that tape. I had promised Dave that the owner of the collection would
remain secret, because he didn't want everyone knowing what he had, and he
didn't want it to be broadcast all around, but now that he is gone and the
collection is dispersed, I would think that it is ok. It was a wonderful thing
to see his collection in his house and barn-museum, and it was very generous of
him to open it to me. My friend Charley, owner of an antique phonograph shop
called 'The Place' in Bristol, PA (Charley used to answer the phone, "This is
The Place") got me the invitation, and I took a collector friend with me and
Charley met us there. Anyone on the board know Charley
 or his store? He was a great guy, and his shop was a haunt for me. He sold me
my first original Cygnet crane for $75 or so, and he gave me machines to work
on as I learned how to do so. Some of my repairs he had to go over and refine,
as I was just learning, but I will never forget him entrusting me with Homes
and Standards to fix. I would love to go back to those times and his shop, and
hang out and talk phonographs with him.
  Well, this is longer than I meant it to be - sometimes trips down memory lane
become tangents!
  This gives me an idea - I would like to hear from you guys about who was your
first influence in the field of phonograph collecting/repairing. Could be an
interesting thread!
  John Robles
srsel...@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 11/10/2006 2:30:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,