Is there a published source for looking up serial numbers to date a machine?
Dave D
--- On Sat, 12/15/12, George Paul <gpaul2...@aol.com> wrote:

From: George Paul <gpaul2...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Any idea around what serial number the banner Home case
was dropped?
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 10:59 PM

I know - - I was just being a smart ass.  The Edison Phonograph Monthly
announced the end of the banner decals on all models in the September 1906
issue.  Taking into account the set-up for that issue occurring in August,
about the closest I can estimate is that the Home lost the banner decal around
serial No.210,000 or a bit earlier depending on how long the change had been in
effect when it was announced in the EPM that "...all models are now being sent
out..." with the new decal.  A safe range would probably be between 205,000 and
210,000.

George P.