Hello Brad, The bar you found is from an Edison model N.  There are two types,
the one made for the stylus bar screw and the one made for the stylus bar pin.
On the Model N from around 54,000 the bar is held in place with a pin.  The
hole in the bar is drilled with a #71 drill bit and the pin is press fit.  In
the earlier N the bar is drilled with a #70 drill bit and a screw is uses.  The
Model L and H used the pin in some of the later ones.  To test it out see if a
stylus bar screw from a C or H will fit the hole. If you want to know why
Edison used the stylus bar spring I can provide a complete description of why
from Al Sefl.   The Edison model N is four minute, the Indestructible N is two
minute.  Indestructible did make reproducers for Hexaphone, those have serial
numbers beginning with an R for Regina.   The Edison Model N reproducer stylus
bar was marked with an N and they have the L to retain the spring that goes
around the stylus bar link.  The Model L reproducer ha
 s an identical bar that is not stamped and I have seen some N reproducers with
unstamped bars as well.  The O, M and L also had a tiny spring that went around
the eyelet under the link which are mostly lost.  The first flat weight H type
Model L had the stylus bar that swivels in solid shoulders so the early L bar
is different.  The early H had this type of bar, but that is another story. The
Indestructible Model N came with a two minute stylus and an aluminum stylus
bar.  The Frow book agrees with me saying the Indestructible N was marketed
from Sept 28, 1908 with a .040 diameter inch stylus that engaged the record
suface .015. The Edison four minute sapphire is .017 in diameter, .015 at the
head and engages the surface .0035 as does both the DD and Diamond ABC diamond.
 The two diamonds differe in the angle, one is 60 the other 80 degrees.  Expert
uses .0037.  The thickness of 20 pound printer paper is .0038.   I measured the
shaft of an Edison four minute sapphire and it
 was .017 which agreed with the Edison drawing I saw courtesy of Rob Lomas.
If you or anyone has any more questions I enoy them.  I appreciate input as I
learn. Steve