This is a Sonora Grand (third from top of the line --- first the Supreme,
followed by the Invincible, then the Grand).  No, you should not be
surprised by the metal tonearm.   All Supremes do have wooden tonearms as
far as I know, but not all Grands or Invincibles have them --- some had
metal tonearms.   Examples of high-end Sonoras in oak are harder to come by
than the more common mahogany ones.   I have never seen an oak Sonora with
an oak tonearm, although they were supposedly available according to Sonora
machine catalogs.   I have asked some of the biggest collectors/dealers in
the country about the existence of oak Sonora tonearms --- none have ever
actually seen an oak Sonora tonearm.  I can send more pics of machines if
needed.

Regards,
Bob