From: Phono-L [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On Behalf Of Jim Nichol via
Phono-L
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 12:07 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Cc: Jim Nichol
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] child's phonograph seeking info & parts

Whoops. I meant “couldn’t resist”. Anyway, you’ll find lots of link with
pictures of your phono.

Jim Nichol

On Nov 11, 2018, at 2:04 PM, Jim Nichol via Phono-L <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
wrote:

Sorry, Bob. I could resist. (See link below).

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=general+phonograph+baby+cabinet

Jim Nichol

On Nov 11, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Bob Maffit via Phono-L <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
wrote:

Phono list:

I obtained a child’s phonograph made by: General Phonograph manufacturing Co.
from Elyria Ohio. On the label at the base of the lid in front says: Baby
Cabinet

The sides and lid, are  medal, with decals, like Humpty Dumpty.

It is missing the tone arm, which I think also functions as the horn, given
there is no place for a horn, and it appears the tone arm just fits in a very
small hole at the right rear of the motor board.

I recognize finding such is like looking for a needle in a hay stack! *smile*

If anyone has a reference in any book, that I could get someone to look at and
or has  a tone arm / horn etc., they would be willing to part with …..

Thanks in advance

Bob Maffit