On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Avdhesh Yadav <a...@avdheshyadav.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Today, the mobile trunk seems to have the application to it's root
>> folder. That assumes we only support one device (in this case
>> Android). I want to produce an iOS version of the client, and would
>> try to refactor some of the code over the weekend to something more
>> flexible. I was thinking on something more like :
>>
>> /photoark         <-- this is where the application and resources, etc
>> would live
>
> What do you mean by application and resources?.Do you mean common
> artificats both in ios and android ?

The HTML 5 application which uses phonegap js library to access device
specific resources such as the photos, addressbook, etc.

>> /client-android <-- this is the android client generated by phonegap
>
> /client-ios         <-- this is the ios client generated by phonegap
>>
>> I haven't tried the Android Phonegap, but in iOS/Xcode project,
>> draging/linking the html5 application www (in this case photoark)
>> folder is enough to get the application happy. How does this work on
>> the Android side ?
>>
> Not tried but i think it should work with android also?But we need to check
>
> One thought is that both the platforms are very different from look and
> feel to programming model.We should share minimum things and keep
> things separate as much as possible to avoid glitches.Specially Android
> platform is very fragmented(lot of versions and soooo many devices from
> different manufacturers) compared to IOS.

They are different when building native application, but that is
abstracted away by phonegap which then give us the flexibility to
build generic application.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende