I have several times found that what I was looking for was already
implemented in picoLisp, just not under the name I expected. So here
gos:

Are their any existing picoLisp functions for using the select system
call and doing asynchronous IO (note this is not in any way related to
the picoLisp select Function).

for anyone curious I find myself desiring an asyncronous http server.
rather than the current forking server. This I know is not currently
present (in fact the server in http.l seems to be very strongly tied
to the gui framework, and hence makes a lot of assumptions that I want
to break) so I just want to see how far into the land of C I'll have
to go to build one.

regards

Konrad