My code simply stops executing (as if waiting for the next entry but
it never gets it) when I run out of entries to fetch, really strange
and a traceAll confirms this, the last output is a call to rd1>.

I know for a fact that 2 results should be returned but then when I
try to fetch the third and think I should get NIL something goes
really wrong, some race condition or a never ending wait for something
that refuses to happen.

This is my rd1>:

(dm rd1> (Sock)
   (or
      (in Sock (rd))
      (nil
         (close Sock))))

And on the remote:

(de getArticles (W)
   (for Wc (sortBy> '+Gh (collect 'word '+WordCount W) 'picoStamp)
     (pr (cons (; Wc article) (; Wc picoStamp)))
     (unless (flush) (bye))))

And the go of the remote:

(de go ()
..