On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 03:02:02PM -0400, Matt Wilbur wrote:
>> Correct.  I am working on a project that uses a MIPS processo embedded
>> I need the 64-bit PicoLisp, but MIPS isn't one of the
>> architectures currently supported.
>
> Now I understand.
>
>> I started to look at how things
>> are done for ARM and intel, but don't have the time right now to
>> properly add MIPS.
>
> This is the right place. A MIPS port would probably be similar to the arm64
> and
> ppc64 versions. But it is indeed a nasty piece of work. Each of the existing
> ports took me several weeks. Funny thing is that the most tedious part was
> always the floating point support (despite PicoLisp does not have floats in
> the
> language, it must support them on the VM level for 'native' calls).

I would very much like to take a crack at as I think it would be a
great learning experience.  At a first glance the code that generates the
assembly looks very reminiscent of some of the old assemblers written
in Forth I once admired.  I am by no means a MIPS guru but I have
enough resources I think I can figure stuff out.