Rick,

Thank you for explaining your position. My wording may have been clumsy but I
agree with everything you write.

The discussion is not about changing anything for people who already use one or
the other mode. It is about proposing something easy to use *and* not confusing
to new comers.

Besides for the merits of the various modes and the merits of having multiple
modes, I think there is a big documentation issue. It is easily fixable and
since that information is on the wiki that's something I can fix.

Then there is literally a ressource visibility issue at least on Debian. This
one is not easy to fix and requires information from the Debian packager. I can
ask for more information and see if there is a relatively easy fix.

There is also a maintenance issue for the official mode. From what I
understand, there seems to be 3 different versions of that mode and the authors
are not active anymore (and have not been for 6 years)...

In all honesty, if picolisp had not been maintained and updated for 6 years,
would you consider using it ? I don't think you would.

Jean-Christophe