> On Jan 22, 2019, at 23:23, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 10:41:24PM +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>> The problem is that on Debian (and derivatives) the most recent mode that
>> Alexis has developed is not available. I discovered that when I found
>> discrepancies between the mode in raspian and the mode on my Mac when I was
>> sshing to raspian.
>
> Yes, that's why I meant I could pack the other version if somebody tells me
> exactly what is needed. Optimally by sending new files and telling me which
> ones to replace. Then it will take of course a long time until it propagates
> through
> the package systems.

Yes, but I wonder if it's necessary to provide this (or any) emacs package since
1) most of the people who use picolisp install it on Linux through a package
manager and thus have no direct access to the picolisp distribution
2) most emacs users would use the emacs package manager to search for a
picolisp mode

Maybe it would be better to refer to available packages in the documentation
and let people use the one they like ?

Jean-Christophe