--- Konstantin Khomoutov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 03:58:44PM -0700, Gregg
> Eshelman wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to create a Plucker file for the
> > low-res version with hotlinks to images, also
> > converted with Plucker?
> [...]
> > The images look OK in 4bit greyscale, which is
> good
> > enough for many illustrations like maps typically
> > found in SF&F books.

> May it be a problem with your installation?
> I mean, the images cannot be converted by the
> Plucker distiller.
> What's in the logs?

I haven't tried it in a while, the PC with Plucker
Desktop on it is dismantled for now. Is there ever
going to be a new precompiled binary for low-res
newer than the 1.8 that's been on the site for ages?

What I tried with Desktop was rightclicking the HTML
file then the option to convert to Plucker. It
ignored the images. I could rightclick the images
(JPEG) and convert them too, but the Plucker doc
files have no links, just placeholder text for
the images.

Another problem I've had with Plucker on my Visor
is getting rotation to work. There seems to be
slightly different versions with the Plucker Desktop
package for Windows, and the seperate download
of just Plucker. I never could get the rotation
option with the one included with Desktop, and I
had to install the seperate one more than once
before that menu option would appear.

I think I'll stick with the version I have until
a compiled version is made available with some
significant updates, especially things like the
ability to open files from any location, (like
TealDoc) not just in onboard RAM or all tossed
together in a single directory on an expansion card.

Play Chess? Ask me about JETAN at Fandemonium! www.fandemonium.org
August (Fri) 4th, (Sat) 5th & (Sun) 6th, 2006
Make your own Jetan set. http://members.ispwest.com/gregg1/jetan/jetanmod.html