A slightly related story: Debian's wiki is moinmoin. Moinmoin v1.x is
based on python 2. Python2 is (of course) deprecated and pretty much
abandoned as of Debian Bullseye. It seems somewhat ironic that the
wiki that proudly announces Debian 12 (bookworm) as of July 22, has to
run Debian 10 (buster, i.e. oldoldstable) because that's the last
version that supports python2 enough to run the wiki.

  https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=python-moinmoin

I have a particularly acute awareness of this because Personal Telco's
wiki also uses moinmoin, and it stopped working when I tried to update
to Debian 11 (bullseye) about a year ago. We had a brief outage while
I figured out what had gone wrong.

--
Russell Senior
russ...@personaltelco.net