pssturges wrote:
> Hi, I've been using iPeng for some time, but have recently set up LMS &
> iPeng for playing outside my home network. I've set the bitrate limiting
> for cellular to 320kbps to save my data usage. However today I ran a
> test. I reset the data counter on my phone and went for an approx 1 hour
> drive listening to music for the duration. During that time ipeng used
> 1.1gb. The source files are 24bit 48khz Flac. 1.1gb would be about right
> for streaming those original files, certainly not mp3 transcoded
> versions. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need set something in
> LMS?

Yes, the server also needs to be configured to support transcoding to
mp3. You probably need to install lame which doesn't come with LMS.
You can find Details under "Settings->Player->Audio" in the LMS web
interface.

@Michael, if you are reading this: the MP3 patents have now expired for
a few years, wouldn't it make sense to ship lame with LMS?

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*