pssturges wrote:
> 29680
>
> Lame does appear to already be installed.
>
> Are you suggesting I need to adjust the Bitrate limiting here? Would
> that not transcode also when on my home network? I'd rather just
> transcode when on cellular.

No, iPeng handles that by itself. You need to set the setting in iPeng.

> Is there any way to actually monitor what transcoding is happening,
> either in iPeng or LMS?

Yes, in iPeng, if you have a look at the context menu for the currently
playing track (while it plays), "More Info..." will gibe you the current
format and bitrate.

There are a few caveats:
If you use a hotspot to another device (e.g. phone), iPeng doesn't know
you are on cellular.
The same is true for some VPNs.
In this case you also need to set the "Wifi" bitrate limit in iPeng.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*