mamema wrote:
> big issues:
> - even though i select a song, which comes up after 1.) but shouldn't
> because != 5 Star and i decrease the rating half star or even "unrated"
> via right click context menu, THIS DAMN SONG IS COMING BACK EVERY TIME
> - even though i rate a song with top 5 star rating with Material skin
> buttom right, or context menu, THIS DAMN SONG never appears with 1.)

We have:
- rating action
- display of ratings (in Material)
- dynamic playlist

You'll have to deal with these in that order. Unless you've confirmed
that the rating was properly committed to the LMS database and
eliminated this as a possible cause, you won't get any closer to finding
a solution.

## *RATINGS* ##

# *SETTING* TRACK RATINGS

Let's first, once and for all, check if ratings are properly committed
to your LMS database:

- stop all playback

- take a track you've -never- rated before, rate it 5 stars using
Material Skin. Then go to the *default LMS skin*, *not* Material and
click through to the *song info* view for this track. You should have
*2* rating values there: one provided by Ratings Light (5 stars) and
another one (further below) displaying the raw LMS database value (100).
Does they have the new track rating (5 stars and 100 respectively)?

- Then decrease the rating for this very *same* song to *1* star using
Material. Then go to the *default LMS skin*, *not* Material and click
through to the *song info* view for this track. You should have *2*
rating values there: one by Ratings Light (1 star) and another one
(further below) displaying the raw LMS database value (20). Does you see
the *new* track rating (1 star and 20 respectively)?

NOW, CAN YOU CONFIRM THAT THESE RATING WERE PROPERLY WRITTEN TO THE LMS
DATABASE, AFTER EACH RATING CHANGE?

If not, repeat the whole process but this time use the *LMS default
skin[B], not Material to set the track rating (use a different track).

# [B]DISPLAY* OF RATINGS

First, it may take a short moment before the new rating is displayed in
Material or the LMS default skin because the client display caches are
emptied and updated on all clients. And the LMS default skin only
refreshes every 5(?) seconds or so.

Material uses Ratings Light only to commit rating values to the LMS
database (unless that's changed and Material uses its own logic for
setting ratings now). Material gets rating values directly from LMS. And
the UI / display of ratings (except the Ratings Light context menu item)
is handled by Material. But AFAIC no problems there.

## *DPL* ##

I'm a bit confused here. Where did you find the "choose *max.* rating
list"? I don't think there's a built-in dynamic playlist with that name.
Maybe post the *complete* name. I only see "Songs - RATED (choose
*minimum* rating)" and "Songs - RATED (choose *exact* rating)".

Or is it a *custom* dynamic playlist that you've created?
If so, did you use -Dynamic Playlist Creator- to create it or did you
write the SQLite code yourself? In that case, you'd have to *post the
sqlite code here* so I know what we're talking about.

mamema wrote:
> small issue
> - only about 15 songs are listed (with play all /add all from DPL3) even
> though i have much more top rated songs.....
> ....is this by design, or a limitation, which i have to configure?

15 is the -default- max. number of *un*played tracks that DPL3 will
*add* if you start a dynamic playlist, *not* the total number of tracks
matching your parameters. You can change that in the DPL3 settings. See
description of that preference in DPL3 settings.
The idea of DPL3 is not to add *all* tracks that match your parameters
*at once* but to add them in *batches* (batch size determined by the
"number of unplayed songs" setting). See GitHub and FAQ for details.
What if you had 12000 tracks matching your parameters? With a playlist
of that size you'd run into problems sooner or later - performance on
less capable players etc.

mamema wrote:

> - could be because of rescan?
> - i have never DELETED the db cache files (helped earlier back in
> time....) after switching to DPL3
> - i had used erlands plugins (trackstat and dynamic playlist) and still
> use:
> - custom browse
> - custom scan
> - database query
>
> but NO unsupported plugins
>
> i have no clear picture of the issue and no clear log errors, what do
> you think?
>
> i'm just unsure if i can disable some of my plugins for testing, or
> delete db files physically because of fear to break my environment which
> was build over several years......

- A *delete*/wipe rescan usually *solves* problems. It shouldn't create
major issues. Have you done a delete/wipe rescan recently?
- The db cache files shouldn't matter. They're only used by the plugins
who created them. And if you've uninstalled them, there's no harm in
keeping them if you wanted to go back to Erland's plugin. Same for
preference files.
- Unless someone's taken over, I think CustomBrowse and CustomScan are
*un*supported.

Just to be clear: you have uninstalled/deleted the TrackStat plugin,
correct?

Uninstalling plugins has never been a problem for me. Basically, this
deletes the plugin -code- but leaves the database tables, prefs and
caches untouched. I don't use CustomBrowse or CustomScan, so I can't
know if they interfere with other plugins. But I doubt it.

So please report back with the answers to -all- the questions. The more
precise, the better.

Since it's a duplicate I'm going to delete your GitHub post.

Good luck.

For '*bug reports*' (https://github.com/AF-1/), *FAQ* (if available) and
more detailed information about my plugins, please see the
'*GitHub*' (https://github.com/AF-1/) page or
the *first post* in the support thread for a plugin. Please post *bug
reports* for my plugins *only* on '*GitHub*' (https://github.com/AF-1/).
Thank you.