> Isn't it enough to just restart the playlist ?
> Or do you like to change the genres without interrupting the music ?
It doesn't matter if I am playing music or starting fresh.  If I go to
the screen to enter playlist parameters it shows the settings that I
last used.  Let's say I have "Rock" and "Blues" selected as genres to
include and "Live" and "Bootleg" selected as genres to exclude.  Now I
want to just listen to a "Blues" set, so I uncheck the the "Rock" box.
Then I click "Save" or "Save and Play"; it doesn't matter because either
way the playlist that I start playing still includes songs that are
"Rock" (and yes, I've double-checked to make sure they aren't tagged as
both Rock and Blues).
> When does the pause happen ?
> When the last song is about to end or in the middle of the song ?
> Which version of Dynamic Playlist plugin are you using ?
It happens right in the middle of the song.  If it happened when a song
was ending I could probably live with it easier, but having songs
interrupted time and again gets a little annoying after a while.  I am
currently using version 2.0 beta 11, but this issue has been happening
for a few versions now.  I think the last time it worked without any
hiccups for me was back in the 6.x days.
> Could you enable the logging in SqueezeCenter Settings/Loggings by
> changing plugin.dynamicplaylist to Debug. When the logging has been
> enabled, play some music and when the music is paused the next time,
> check if you get new entries in the log from Dynamic Playlist at the
> same time.
I'll get logging enabled and post some results.

By the way, thanks very much for all your great plugins.  One of the
reasons I've been hesitant to post about these issues was that I didn't
want to make it sound like I was complaining.  I really appreciate all
your efforts.

--
soxfan