Sorry, I realised just after I hit Send (as usual):

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Chris Wilson wrote:

> > I also wonder: how does the primary key of the 1 min table look like?
> > Is it any different from the 1 hour table? With the sql_don_try_update
> > turned on and the default indexing, duplicates are not possible.
>
> I deleted the primary key from that table because it should not be
> necessary (there should not be any duplicates if everything is
> configured correctly) and it makes inserts extremely slow (by a factor
> of 10-100) when the table gets large.
>
> > Also at a closer look to the configuration you posted i see no
> > aggregate_filter are specified (see EXAMPLES): it means each plugin
> > collects and tries to write to the same table both inbound and outbound
> > traffic. So either you can remove one set of plugins or craft a proper
> > aggregate_filter so that each does only its bit of the job.
>
> However, I'm surprised that this doesn't also happen in the long table?

I know why: the primary key still exists on the long table, rejecting the
duplicate entries. So this almost certainly accounts for the problem.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.