Hi Paolo,

I've started work on a pure JavaScript replacement for pmGraph, so it should be easier to install and more lightweight:
https://github.com/qris/nodeflow

I have a small server-side component in Node which connect to RabbitMQ,
receives JSON flow data from pmacct, and relays it to connected WebSocket clients (browsers). This is working. I'm currently working on the client-side data processing, aggregation and graphing.

I noticed that we don't currently have any timestamps in the JSON objects that pmGraph sends to RabbitMQ:

{"ip_dst": "86.30.131.x", "ip_proto": "tcp", "tos": 0, "ip_src": "196.200.217.x", "bytes": 984, "port_dst": 2201, "packets": 12, "port_src": 37201}

Would you consider adding two timestamps, both in seconds (possibly fractional) since epoch in UTC: start of bucket (what the timestamp is rounded down to by sql_history_roundoff) and end of bucket (stamp_inserted/updated?) so that we can know over what period the data was collected for graphing purposes.

We can guess a single timestamp based on the time that the data is received, but it's not very reliable and requires us to know or assume the sql_refresh_time and sql_history values configured in pmacct.

Also, have you given any thought to supporting sub-second timestamps (e.g. sql_refresh_time/sql_history = 0.1s)?

Thanks for your consideration!

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
Citylife House, Sturton Street, Cambridge, CB1 2QF, UK

with company number 04980791.