I think my goals areinline with yours, possibly with the exception of
counters but that could be handy. I was looking to see top XX lists
(talkers, protocols, ports/applications) as well as time based traffic
charts. My current use is very small as I'm just testing in my home lab, I
would need some reliable front-end before recommending to customers without
a dev team.

The way I see it, the pmacct database already has all the data that is
necessary in SQL (or whatever platform you're using). Which is why I
started looking at tools like HighCharts to just put a front-end on it.