* "David E. Wheeler" <da...@justatheory.com> [2012-08-13T12:41:31]
> I got a pull request to switch to metacpan.org for L<> http links. AFAIK
> search.cpan.org is not deprecated, and is still the official community CPAN
> search site. If there is some discussion about changing it, or if Graham
> thinks it's time to switch then great. Otherwise, I am not inclined to accept
> this patch (though if it is hard to change the default URL with a subclass I
> would be happy to take that, or a command-line option).

I don't think there's an official community, so I don't think we can have an
official community site.

I switched all my Pod-to-HTML stuff, like dzil.org's engine, the Perl Advent
calendar, and perl release announcements, to using metacpan some time ago.
metacpan is open source and can be contributed to with patches, which means, to
me, that it's more likely to be a community effort than search.cpan.org.

So, I am in favor of the change.  Rejecting it isn't a big deal, I think, but I
predict that it will just end up being accepted in the future.

--
rjbs