On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Joerg Hohwiller wrote:
But from what I see in your subversion, you still need to replace
"issueTrackingUrl" with "issueManagement".

Done

I also went through your ant build and have seen that you do not modify the root tag <metadata>. The also needs to be changed to <project>, what might be the major reason for the bugzialla issue about the POM file.

Done

Since you have 3 artifacts (jar-files): poi, poi-contrib,
poi-scratchpad you will need 3 individual pom.xml files.

Closer inspection of the build process shows that's not true. For the main release, we do have 3 different jar files. However, we build a different jar file for pushing out to the maven repository. The maven jar file (and source jar file) contains all of main, contrib and scratchpad, rolled into one. So, we do only need the one pom file after all.

Guess that makes things simpler, shame I didn't remember earlier!

Then you would have a version. I would suggest to call the version "3.0". - From your suggesstion above the version would be "3.0-final". If maven needs to compare the version with another one to decide which one is newer, it would be better and more straight forward to use "3.0".

The official version is 3.0-final though, not 3.0. It's hardly an unusual naming convention, so I'd be surprised if maven couldn't tell that 3.0-final is newer than 3.0-alpha3. If not, I'm sure they take patches :)

The artifacts would be located in the repository like this:
org/apache/poi/poi-contrib/3.0/poi-contrib-3.0.pom
org/apache/poi/poi-contrib/3.0/poi-contrib-3.0.jar
org/apache/poi/poi-contrib/3.0/poi-contrib-3.0-sources.jar

It looks like the apache thing is to put poms in one directory under m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository, and jars in another. I guess the ibiblio sync script "does the right thing" with that

When I do rc4, I'll also do a maven pom, and jar + source jar. I'll sling them on people.apache.org as usual, so it'd be great if you could check they look fine.

Cheers for all the maven help. Not sure you've won too many converts to maven though...

Nick