Hi Nick,
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Joerg Hohwiller wrote:
>> But from what I see in your subversion, you still need to replace
>> "issueTrackingUrl" with "issueManagement".
>
> Done
>
>> I also went through your ant build and have seen that you do not
>> modify the root tag <metadata>. The also needs to be changed to
>> <project>, what might be the major reason for the bugzialla issue
>> about the POM file.
>
> Done

> Closer inspection of the build process shows that's not true. For the
> main release, we do have 3 different jar files. However, we build a
> different jar file for pushing out to the maven repository. The maven
> jar file (and source jar file) contains all of main, contrib and
> scratchpad, rolled into one. So, we do only need the one pom file after
> all.
As far as I can see this has been done additionally to the 3 individual
artifacts as you can see here:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/poi/

Who ever did this, I dont know...

> Guess that makes things simpler, shame I didn't remember earlier!
okay, however this will be the way you want to go with 3.0 if I got you right...

>> Then you would have a version. I would suggest to call the version
>> "3.0". - From your suggesstion above the version would be "3.0-final".
>> If maven needs to compare the version with another one to decide which
>> one is newer, it would be better and more straight forward to use "3.0".
>
> The official version is 3.0-final though, not 3.0. It's hardly an
> unusual naming convention, so I'd be surprised if maven couldn't tell
> that 3.0-final is newer than 3.0-alpha3. If not, I'm sure they take
> patches :)
It will surely work without patch.

>> The artifacts would be located in the repository like this:
>> org/apache/poi/poi-contrib/3.0/poi-contrib-3.0.pom
>> org/apache/poi/poi-contrib/3.0/poi-contrib-3.0.jar
>> org/apache/poi/poi-contrib/3.0/poi-contrib-3.0-sources.jar
>
> It looks like the apache thing is to put poms in one directory under
> m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository, and jars in another. I guess the ibiblio
> sync script "does the right thing" with that
>

> When I do rc4, I'll also do a maven pom, and jar + source jar. I'll
> sling them on people.apache.org as usual, so it'd be great if you could
> check they look fine.
Jep, I will double check this. Let me know when its out...

> Cheers for all the maven help.
No worries - thanks for taking care of the maven users.
> Not sure you've won too many converts to maven though...
I am not an evangelist. I like it but feel free to do what ever you like ;)

> Nick
Regards
  Jörg