David,

Apologies! This was all down to a simple misunderstanding on my part. I hadn't
appreciated that --enable-compact32bit gives you 31-bit ints. My proof search
explores in excess of 2^32 blind alleys and it tries to count them.

The confusion about Mac OS versions and lldb was caused by me doing the tests
with the compiler built with --enable-intinf-as-int as well as
--enable-compact32bit.

Regards,

Rob.