Rob,
I'm glad that's sorted. --enable-compact32bit uses 32-bit quantities for both addresses and ints. It's necessary to use the same size for both in order to be able to compile polymorphic functions. LargeWord.word is 64-bits (i.e. two "words") to allow it to handle native values in SysWord.word.

Regards,
David