On 6-Mar-2009, at 12:27, Charles Marcus wrote:
Hmmm... I'm now wondering if ${extension} can somehow be used with the
virtual_mailbox_maps query to accomplish what I want?

Yes, but you need procmail (or, I assume, Maildrop)

in a procmail file you would have:

# based on the procmail pipe in master.cf
ARG=$EXTENSION
# For non virtual users
# ARG=$1

:0
* ! ARG ^^^^
.$ARG/

as the simplest example. Getting procmail working with virtual users is a little tricky. Here's what I have:

/etc/postfix/main.cf
virtual_transport = procmail

/etc/postfix/master.cf
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
-o flags=uhFORD user=vpopmail argv=/usr/local/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${recipient} EXTENSION=${extension} /usr/local/etc/ procmailrc.common

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and
        quick to anger.