On 7-Mar-2009, at 12:13, Charles Marcus wrote:

As I said in an earlier mail, I do NOT want the folder auto-created - if it doesn't exist, I want the message deliver to fall back to the Inbox...

Is there a way to tweak the above to accomplish this?

Sure, you can do most anything in procmail. Let me see, something like this:

ARV=$1

:0
* ! ? test -d .$ARG
{ $DEFAULT }

:0E
.$ARV/

(if the directory .ARG does no exist, save in $DEFAULT, else save in $.ARG/)

--
if you ever get that chimp of your back, if you ever find the thing
        you lack, ah but you know you're only having a laugh.  Oh, oh