> On Dec 6, 2023, at 23:48, patpro--- via Postfix-users
> <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>
> December 6, 2023 10:00 AM, "Doug Hardie via Postfix-users"
> <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded FreeBSD from 13.2 to 14.0. Postfix just picked up and ran
>> fine. However postsrsd is
>> causing me a few issues. I get the impression that postsrsd got updated, but
>> I can't tell for sure.
>
> FreeBSD does not work like this.

Ah, but it does if you follow all the instructions.

> postsrsd is not part of the «base system» so it’s not upgraded automatically
> when you upgrade from FreeBSD 13.2 to 14.0. It’s standard procedure, though,
> to reinstall every ports/pkg after a system upgrade but that particular step
> is explicit and up to you.

All of that is correct and that is exactly what I did.  The instructions said
to do that and I did.  I'ts part of the upgrade process even though it's a
separate step.

> You might find in your /var/log/messages the log of `pkg` actions.

Indeed:  postsrsd upgraded: 1.10 -> 2.0.8_1,1

That explains why there were issues.  It was a major revision.

> Any way, a pkg upgrade SHOULD NOT replace your config file.
> And you SHOULD use ZFS snapshots (install zfsnap, setup periodic.conf.local
> and forget about it) AND backups.

I can't say if there was a config file before or not.  But both config and
config.sample have exactly the same dates as reported by stat (1).  They were
also identical.  Diff showed no differences.

-- Doug