On January 16, 2024 3:11:37 AM UTC, Peter via Postfix-users
<postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>On 12/01/24 04:08, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:
>> Viktor Dukhovni via Postfix-users:
>>>>

>>> What is a "Postfix repo for Debian"?  Do you mean binary release
>>> packages?  What's wrong with the packages from the Debian maintainers?
>>
>> If he means Postfix distributing BINARY packages for Debian, RedHat,
>> *BSD, and so on, then I do not expect that to happen.
>
>As many are aware Ghettoforge builds these for EL.  To me the simplest way for
>Debian and other distros is for a community member to take up the mantle and
>build Postfix in a similar way.  It's not that difficult to do and it puts the
>responsibility on someone who is genuinely interested in that particular
>platform instead of putting the responsibility on Wietse to try to build
>binary rpms for every distro under the sun.

You can actually install RPMs on Debian systems, but it would be a pretty
unusual way to go about things.  I think for almost every one, the Debian
stable updates that we provide should be sufficient.  For those that actually
need the latest release, it's trivial to grab the Debianized source from a
later release and build it for an earlier release.

Scott K