Hello.

It really depends on your mail volume and the reliability of your primary MX hostname. Typically the RFC permits mail to be delayed for up to 5 days at which mail will bounce back as undeliverable. For most low-volume sites, a primary only MX configuration is fine.

Both of those domains have either Round-Robin DNS or multiple MX servers which provide a similar function.

outlook.com mail is handled by 5 outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com.
outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com has address 104.47.14.33
outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com has address 104.47.13.33

Yahoo has multiple server weight 1 servers providing redunancy.

yahoo.com mail is handled by 1 mta6.am0.yahoodns.net.
yahoo.com mail is handled by 1 mta5.am0.yahoodns.net.
yahoo.com mail is handled by 1 mta7.am0.yahoodns.net

Thanks

Matthew