On 22/06/2023 12:58, André Rodier via Postfix-users wrote:

> What are you using on your side ?
>
> - Do you know any service, that I could use, to get the network to ban from
> an IP address reputation, something like
> crowdsec, for instance ?
> - Anyone has success with Suricata, Snort, or a tool like this ?
>
> Please, do not suggest third party hosted services, I want to be part of my
> self-hosting solution.

Just thinking at a tangent...

Is it possible / practical to develop the concept of a "service area" - to
white-list all the net-blocks where all your
genuine callers originate, and prohibit everywhere else?

For myself, I am able to firewall my Submission/IMAP/SSH ports to allow just
the one net-block over the Internet, and to
use an ACL on PostScreen to disallow certain countries which are "nuisances".

http://www.ipdeny.com  have net-blocks of whole countries.

Allen C