Von: Matus UHLAR - fantomas via Postfix-users <postfix-users@postfix.org>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Juni 2023 18:59
An: postfix-users@postfix.org
Betreff: [pfx] Re: Anyone using SMTP relay through dnsexit.com?

On 27.06.23 11:01, John Stoffel via Postfix-users wrote:
>I've got sorta the same issue, but it's more that Spectrum (charter) is
>not allowing any emails from my personal domain hosted on Linode to
>send email to their customers.  Guess who runs cable in my town?
>Sigh... so I too am looking for solutions.

I wonder what you two are wondering about.

ISPs and ESPs are often unwilling to provide mail relay for domains they do not
host, this is not new (well, maybe for someone).

If you have mail server, you should use it for sending and receiving mail.

>> Despite following their FAQ on postfix setup
>> (http://www.dnsexit.com/support/mailrelay/postfix.html), I kept
>> getting the dreaded 454, Relay access denied error message when
>> attempting to send.  I verified all of my settings with their support
>> but still couldn't relay through them, even though I had working
>> settings previously for Spectrum (mail.twc.com).
>
>> Finally, I setup an account with smtp2go.com, jumped through their
>> hoops to set up various cname records for my domain, and once that
>> was done, I was able to relay a test email through them on the first
>> try.  So, everything seemed to point to some issue with the dnsexit folks.
>
>It's probably charter doing their own spam blocking by just blocking
>entire netblocks.

They are not blocking anyone, they simply do not provide the mail relay service.

>> My question for the list is, is anyone here relaying via dnsexit.com,
>> and if so, did you have similar issues that got resolved?  I'd rather
>> use their service if possible as they are currently handling my dynamic DNS.
>
>It's almost certainly charter just blocking netblocks.  It sucks.

this is postfix mailing list. Postfix can send mail directly to recipients, it
does not need outgoing mail relay in most cases.

So, what is the real problem?

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released in first quarter of