On 27.06.23 22:27, Joachim Lindenberg via Postfix-users wrote:
my understanding is, ISPs donĀ“t block you, but none of the big providers accepts emails from IPs of access networks. Thus if you want to run an email server at home, you need either a relay, a VPS or a VPN with an IP address having good reputation. Historically some ISP offered a relay, but often with poor quality.

in my experience, this is a problem when you have
- dynamically added IP address (and thus iss listed in spamhaus PBL, sorbs dyna and other dnsbls)
- generic rDNS or non-working fcrdns

the first should be fixable using static IP, the latter by fixing rDNS.

or, yes, pay someone to relay your mail.

"Jim" == Jim Wright via Postfix-users <postfix-users@postfix.org> writes:

Hey all.  Recently my ISP (Spectrum) decided (after this was working
for me for almost 20 years) to make it impossible for a self hosted
domain to relay through their SMTP server unless it was actually a
spectrum.com email address being used.  After going back and forth
with them to try to find a workaround, I had to give up and look
elsewhere.  My next stop was with dnsexit.com.