Hi, I'm a student from Extremadura, Spain. I have tried to recompile everything to run Ptolemy II 3.0.2 in linux debian 3.0. I also got JDK 1.4.1, but I think I'm not well configured in the Java enviroment. I use linux since 3 months. Then, my question is:

I would like to know what version of Ptolemy II is more stable or proved to start with it, or if the Ptolemy classic version is better for a new user like me.

I know is a very simple question but I also think that you (hackers) are the best people to answer me, I'm a little bit lost from the moment.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.