Hi, hackers.

We are using Ptolemy to do sytem-integration level simulation and testing for "smart" vehicles.  Our main areas of interest are monitoring bandwidth of network connections and CPU utilization (although we are also modeling a number of other things).

Is there a built-in actor that checks for resource (over-) allocation?  I have thought about just using a summation of bandwidth, where the components in the system output an amount of bandwidth required at a given time and then a network simulation component sums these requirements and makes sure that the sum doesn't exceed the available.  Is there a better way?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

-Steve
--

Steve Rowe