Hei hei,

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 03:50:19PM +0100, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> Yes, indeed. Selecting the right kernel to start from is already a
> non-trivial task, given the plethora of options (we have at least:
> official Freescale/NXP kernels, community kernels, vendor kernels from
> board/SOM manufacturers, and the upstream kernel).

I would go with a recent vanilla kernel first. i.MX6 support is quite
mature these days. Maybe you have to write your own DTS file or adapt
another, but this should at least bring you to a running board with
serial console. That's a good start.

> > I would recommend the latest release v2016.06.1 and go with
> > arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf_gcc-5.4.0_glibc-2.23_binutils-2.26_kernel-4.6-sanitized.ptxconfig
>
> That is a great start. Some things that draw my attention, though:

Sorry, I'm not familiar with toolchain details. As far as I can tell
ptxdist uses more or less generic toolchains which should work for a
wider range of boards. If you want to squeeze the last bit of
performance you may want to configure and build your own toolchain or
have a look at another project, but just using the above should
certainly be enough if you don't have very tight performance
requirements.

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)