Hi Micheal
Am Mittwoch, 13. September 2017, 17:38:24 CEST schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 08:42:26PM +0200, Tim Sander wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you have logfiles for the fails? We are doing a lot of test builds
> > > here, and if something breaks, we would like to know.
> >
> > Strange, i think if i just do a build of DistroKit i can observe that make
> > just stops. I can restart it so a
> > for i in `seq 1 10`; do ptxdist -je16 -ji16 go; done;
> > Works faster than a normal build, so the failure is that not all packages
> > are getting build?
>
> It's probably a dependency problem exposed by the -jeX. If you see
> something like this again, a logfile would be great. Stuff like that often
> depends on the hardware so it's difficult to reproduce.
> I've not seen Problems like this for some time.
>
> Btw. don't use '-jeX -jiX' use '-j' instead. That uses a global jobserver
> shared by all packages.
Well i missed out this one. I know that this option didn't exist. But i didn't
realize that its now the recommended way. Its much better now, just with a few
passages where the cores are waiting for install io.

Probably you should update the default output of ptxdist. Because at least
2017.07.0 doesn't list -j as an option. So now i know why the -j options
slipped my attention :-).

Besides what is -je good for now?

Best regards
Tim