Love Puppet? Hate the backlog of tickets? Want to help us out? The
Puppet community has grown really fast and a lot of you have logged
tickets and issues. We’ve tried to give those tickets as much love as we
could but some slip through the cracks and sometimes we get overwhelmed.
We’ve recognized this and want to try to get a handle on the backlog of
tickets. But we need your help to do this.

What we’re going to do is hold a Triage-a-thon hosted locally in our
offices, virtually on IRC (Freenode #puppethack) and the Web.

http://puppetlabs.com/events/triagepuppet/

We’re going to review all the open tickets in the Puppet project with a
view to:

* Update and confirm that issues are still relevant
* Ensure tickets are in the right status and all the right information
is present to help us resolve it
* Close any invalid or no longer relevant tickets

We’ll assign blocks of tickets to every participant, have documentation
explaining what you need to do and provide people on the ground to help
you make decisions and answer questions.

Triaging starts Saturday January 21st from 7am and last until 4pm (-8 GMT).

We’ll also provide pizza, snacks (and beer!) and a venue locally in our
Portland, OR offices. Virtually we’ll provide an IRC channel, IM and
rewards (t-shirts, patches, stickers, badges, and books) for people who
triage tickets and get involved.

We’ll also offer Amazon Gift Cards to our top 3 participants!

You can register for the event here:
http://triagepuppet.eventbrite.com/?ref=ebtn.

We hope you'll be interested in attending and helping us make Puppet better.

Thanks

James

--
James Turnbull