Hmm. I agree with Hal that this probably has something to do with the
JPEGReaderWriter. Could you get a new version of that? Alternatively, try
simply adding more memory to your Squeak process. Reading in an image can
take up quite a bit of memory.

Peace and Luck!

Jeff

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 10:26:39AM -0600, Hal Eden wrote:
> this may be related to a problem i reported a while ago related to
> SwikiDirectory>>thumbnailOf:
>
> in some versions of squeak there is a problem with JPEGReaderWriter2
> where it doesn't take into account that an image (especially a small
> one) may actually become larger when compressed). check the mantis
> database for reports and fixes to this. (i think it was fixed in 3.8,
> but there's not really a process to backport things to earlier versions.
>
> hal
>
> On Sep 21, 2006, at 6:05 AM, Hartmut Pf?ller wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > my swikis often crash in the moment when I save an edited screen
> > with an
> > plugin like <?image src="ok.jpg" width=50?>
> > after restarting the swiki I can see the image file name but not the
> > image itself (the file name mutated to a link, and clicking it
> > shows the
> > image). What am I doing wrong?
> > You can examine an example there:
> > http://wiki.e-technik.uni-rostock.de:8080/SuS/
> > Thanks to all for any hints
> > Hartmut Pf?ller

Jochen "Jeff" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105