Good morning,
I was wondering if there are any binaries for OpenGL enabled PyCUDA for Windows
10. My understanding (thanks, Andreas) is that it I will probably need to build
it on my own. Since I never did that, I went online and found some resources
here
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19634073/pip-install-pycuda-on-windows)
with the source code from here
(https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/5e/3f/5658c38579b41866ba21ee1b5020b8225cec86fe717e4b1c5c972de0a33c/pycuda-2019.1.2.tar.gz).
 Specifically:1. Downloaded the source code from pythonhosted and untarred
it.2. On the main folder I ran:>> python configure.py3. Then I went to
siteconf.py and enabled OpenGL on line 9:CUDA_ENABLE_GL = True4. Finally I ran
the commands:>> python setup.py build>> python setup.py installĀ
After that, I tried to open PyCUDA in an IPython window and
got:ModuleNotFoudError: No module named 'pycuda._driver'And obviously no
pycuda.gl either.
I actually have a MSVC working and the CUDA toolkit successfully installed. I
was running PyCUDA successfully on miniconda till I ran the stackoverflow
suggestion. Now PyCUDA is broken and I can't recover from that yet. When I do
recover, I would like to try something else if possible and if any of you can
help me, that would be great.
My application involves collecting some data from a digitizer, uploading and
doing some number crunching using a Titan V with PyCUDA and displaying the
result through the OpenGL interoperability capacity. So far, I have been
pulling the result out of the Titan V, building the image in the CPU and
displaying it. For a 128x128 pixel image, I get something like 5 Hz refresh
rate and I hope to speed it up to 20 Hz or higher by using the interoperability
module. I am using Python 3.7.1 and VS 2017 version 15.9.8.
Thanks for any insights you may have.Cordially,Fabio.