That is a truely wierd problem.  May I ask what versions of glib, gtk+,
imlib, gtk-engines and pygtk you are using?  I just tested it out on my
system and it worked like a charm (I have CVS versions from a few days
ago).

The next thing that might be causing your problem is that the imlib don't
have the shared library dependencies built into them.  What happens if you
run "ldd /opt/gnome/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1" does it display the libraries
it should be linking with (libgmodule, libglib, libdl).  What version of
libtool did you use to compile imlib? (you can check by going to the build
directory and typing ./libtool --version).  If it is less than 1.2d that
would be your problem.

If you aren't using a i386 linux system, try copying the libtool,
ltmain.sh and libtoolize scripts from a recent gtk+ to the imlib and
gtk-engines packages and rebuilding.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]