James Henstridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I was trying to work out what to do about the gnome extensions in
> libglade.  I think it would be best if there is only one libglade module
> (so that we don't run into problems with binary packages).
>
> What I was thinking of doing was creating a simple _libgladegnome module
> as part of gnome-python which only contains the call to initialise the
> gnome part of libglade.  Then when libglade.py is loading, it checks for
> this module, and if it exists initialises libglade-gnome.  Alternatively,
> you may want to have to explicitely initialise the gnome portion.

Explicitely initializing can give better error messages when someone
tries to run a libglade-gnome program on a system without gnome. Maybe
some convention to explicitely register used extensions wouldn't be a
good idea (right now we have only gnome, but in future there might be
more).

cheers
Andreas
To unsubscribe: echo "unsubscribe" | mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]